Digital marketing is the latest and most trendy way of promoting your goods and services online on the internet through different modes. Over the decades marketing has evolved from barter systems to digital marketing of goods and services. In today’s world every business needs to be on the internet to reach a big amount of audience globally. Traditional marketing includes promotion of goods and services through mediums like banners, radio ads, T.V ads, mouth publicity, newspaper ads, pamphlets,etc. While Digital Marketing includes promotions on all online platforms. IPCS Global provides various Digital Marketing courses in Pune.
Digital marketing is the marketing of goods and services via digital technologies. The Internet, for example, is a type of digital technology. However, it is not the only one. Digital marketing also includes marketing services and products using display advertising, mobile phones, and other digital media.
– Market Business news.
Digital marketing, or online marketing, refers to marketing activities targeting consumers using digital channels. The digital marketing definition includes all online marketing tactics implemented through digital channels to achieve business and marketing goals.
There are many significant trends in digital marketing in the year 2022.
Blockchain is a distributed database/ledger shared in the computer nodes network. It is used to store information electronically in digital formats. It is considered as one of the safest and structured ways to store private transactions data of things like Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. The demand and use of Block chain showed a significant rise in the year 2022.
- Artificial Intelligence(AI)
Artificial Intelligence(AI) is the use of machines and robots intelligence instead of humans to make the work more easy and effective. The AI sector gained a lot of demand and usage in the year 2022 as it is now useful in all sectors. Around 60% of internet users have interacted with an AI chatbot for solving queries on some or the other platform or website.
- Video marketing
Video marketing is one of the ways to market your products and services online.In the year 2022 it is seen that most of the people tend to prefer watching video over all other mediums of marketing. Video marketing played a remarkable role in the Digital Marketing field in 2022.
- Non-Fungible Tokens(NFT’s)
Non-Fungible Tokens are financial security that are also tradable digital assets. Its data can be stored in block chains.Each NFT has a unique token for its owner.Marriott Bonvoy created a raffle where the winners would receive their own NFT and 200,000 Bonvoy points. In the same manner many other companies run such digital marketing campaigns which raised the trend for NFT’s.
- Voice Search Optimization
According to research by Review42 on voice search, they found that 55% of teenagers use voice search at least once every day. Not only teenegers but also elderly people use voice search a lot along with the people who don’t know English very well. This also helps people to search in their local language which makes them feel comfortable. Devices like Alexa and Google home boosted this trend a lot.
Everyone today likes personalised attention due to which personalization trend is most loved in the year 2022. This will continue to be one of the best trends in coming years too.
According to research by Instapage,
- 63% of consumers are annoyed with the fact that brands repeatedly keep blasting generic advertising messages.
- 80% of consumers say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers them personalised experiences.
- 90% of consumers claim that they find personalization more appealing.
The above data shows that personalization is one of the most followed trends in 2022. Brands like Starbucks use this trend to build a good customer base.
- Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is a process where one powerful or dynamically followed person(influencer) promotes your brand in order to get some commission on your sales through the influencers link and brands get sales through the large audience base of the influencer.
Here are some stats by Influencer marketing HubSpot:
- More than 240 new influencer marketing-focused agencies and influencer platforms were established in 2019
- The majority (59%) admit to having a standalone budget for content marketing, and 75% of them now intend to dedicate a budget to influencer marketing in 2021
- 90% of survey respondents believe influencer marketing to be an effective form of marketing
Geofencing is a location based marketing in which softwares or apps use radio frequency, wi-fi, GPS, etc to send email, text message, app notifications or social media ads to the target audience. Geo fence means boundary of a particular area.
According to increasingly.com,
- Mobile ads with geofencing have double CTR (click-through-rate)
- Geofencing is adaptable by 92% of smartphones and androids.
- 90% of SMS are read within 3 minutes of being sent.
- 53% of shoppers visited a retailer after receiving a location-based message through geo fencing.
- Content is the King
Content in any form of advertisement or post is said to be the “King”. It plays a vital role in making or breaking a brand. In 2022 it has been seen that the posts with good and attractive content get a good response. Targeted keywords and good keyword density helps websites to rank better.
Remarketing means engaging with the audience with whom you have engaged already to encourage them to take an action which leads into conversion. It is also called retargeting. It is one of the most followed and demanded trends in Digital Marketing.
- Omnichannel Marketing
In today’s internet world, every business has to be present on multiple platforms to reach a large customer base.
The following are some stats for omnichannel marketing:
- More than 65% of consumers use various platforms for purchasing.
- Omnichannel strategies create 80% extra store visits than usual.
- Omnichannel SMS campaigns have around 50% conversion rate.
- Almost 90% of customers prefer online customer services.
- Instagram reels and Youtube shorts
After the ban of tik tok in some countries, Instagram reels and youtube shorts came into boom as its replacement. The engagement rates provided by reels is more than 50%.
Nivea India – Mom’s Touch campaign.
Established in 1911, Nivea is a globally recognised skin care brand. Along with the promotion and sale of its products, Nivea runs a lot of campaigns under their CSR activities and helps society to get something good inreturn. One of the campaigns run by Nivea was ‘Mom’s Touch’. They spreaded this campaign video on all social media platforms to reach out and inspire other mothers. The real and motivating and sacrificing stories of the mothers of Aseema school’s children were first collected in written form and then made a video out of it, where students narrated the stories about their mothers’ sacrifices made for them. Nivea supported them with groceries for their households.The video was promoted on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and NIVEA India Website too.
Result of the campaign:
- Around 1 million views across various digital platforms were recorded.
- The video was also appreciated on popular social pages such as Scoopwhoop, popxodaily, idiva, buzzfeed and many more.
- It also Generated maximum mentions for NIVEA India.
- It was featured as one of the best social media campaigns and was also among the ‘Top 16 best digital marketing campaigns for Q3 2015′
- 25 % increase in the attendance of students after just one month of program launch
- 35% increase in parents’ involvement in PTA meetings other workshops
Envelopes.com – Email marketing.
Many ecommerce companies face the problem of visitors adding products to the cart but not purchasing it and leaving the site without buying the thing. Same problem was faced by Envelops.com. So the team wanted to experiment if they could “rekindle the flame” and land some sales from hot leads using target follow ups, so they targeted the visitors who added products to their cart but didn’t make the purchase. The team started sending follow up emails in 2 time slots time lapses post cart abandonment i.e.,the first group sent the following morning at 11am and the second group 48 hours post cart abandonment.
The emails sent at 11 a.m. the following day delivered:
- an open rate of 38.63%
- a click-through rate of 19.54% and
- a conversion rate of 27.66%
The emails sent after 48 hours delivered:
- an open rate of 38.01%
- a click-through rate of 24.71% and
- a conversion rate of 40.00%
So the conclusion was that sending follow up emails on the following day is more beneficial for a business. Sending a follow up email can do wonders.
In the year 2022 Digital Marketing field has seen a lot of trends and many of them were a surprise for the digital marketers as well as the audience at large. Many of these will continue to be very demanding trends for the next few years. IPCS Global provides a variety of Digital Marketing courses in Pune and all its branches.
For More details Visit Our website: https://ipcsglobal.com/
Our YouTube Channel:
Our Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/ipcsglobal