Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning refers to the systems used for circulating air between indoor and outdoor areas. Widely used in both residential and commercial buildings for heating and cooling i.e The system keeps the occupant warm and cosy in the winter and feeling cool and fresh in the summer. HVAC systems filter and cleans indoor air to keep occupants healthy and maintain humidity at optimal comfort level. IPCS Global Pune provides various courses in BMS and CCTV field which includes CCTV course in Pune, BMS course in Pune, CCTV installation course in Pune, SCADA courses in Pune, Relay logic systems, Fire alarms etc.
An air-cooled chiller works by absorbing heat from H20. Once the water in the AHU system is used, it becomes warm and is sent back to the chiller. Heat is then transferred away from the water using the chiller’s evaporators.
A water-cooled chiller removes heat from it to cool the water used at site and re-enters the water into the operation cycle. The chiller transfers heat from a space that needs temperature control and transfers it to another space.
Applications such as controlling temp, fresh air circulation, air filtration, efficient & eco, quiet, human comfort- buildings, office, hotel, malls, hospitals, process control- textile machine, photographic process, CNC, med prep, pathological labs, X ray, MRI, frozen foods etc.
- Hvac components – Chillers, AHU, cooling tower, chiller pumps, main pumps, boiler and duct.
- Air cooled Chiller parts – Condensor, condenser cooling fans, compressor, expansion valve, filter drier, evaporator, supply chilled water outlet to ahu/fcu, supply chilled water inlet from ahu/fcu
- Compressor – Device that increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume. AC compressor sucks gas from evaporator compress the gas and sends to condensor. As pressure decreases temperature decreases in evaporator and as the pressure increases in condensor the temperature increases.
- Classifications of compressor – Positive displacement, dynamic and hermetically sealed.
- Compressor Types – Centrifugal, reciprocating
- Cooling tower – To cool down h20. Acts as heat exchanger. The air and h20 are bought together. The heat from h20 transfers to the air that pushes the heat out thus leading to h20 cooldown. components- fan assembly, drift eliminator, pipe supply, nozzle, fills, sump pit. Air cooled force draft cooling tower is the most efficient cooling tower. to check efficiency of cooling tower range, ambient temp, heat load, wet bulb temp, effectiveness. Cooling water temp 16-30c.
- Heat exchanger – Used to transfer thermal energy. either given hot fluid to provide heating or cold fluid to provide cooling. fluid could be liquid or gas. heat always flows from hot to cold. thermal energy transferred via conduction, convection and radiation. hvac systems use conduction and convection. coil or plate design. coil types use one or more tubes which run back and forth. The tube separates two fluids inside and outside. Heat is transferred from hot inner fluid to tube wall via convection it then conducts through pipe wall to the other side to outer liquid which is cooler then carries away through convection. Plate heat exchangers use thin plates of metal to separate two fluids. fluid flows opp dir to improve heat transfer. The heat of the hottest fluid is conducted through the other side. the other fluid which enters at low temp then carries away from convection. used in ahu, fcu, ductwork systems, ac evaporator, condenser, refrigerator. In heat exchanger h20, refrigerant or steam usually flows through inside and air flows on the outside.
- Cooling and heating coils – To cool or heat the air. The air temp of supply air is measured as it leaves the AHU. This needs to be at a certain temp to keep people inside the building comfortable. This designed temp is called set point. If the air temp is blw this value the heating coil will add heat to increase the air temp and bring it up to set point. If the air is too hot the cooling coil will remove heat to lower the air temp and also reach a set point. The coils are heat exchangers inside the coil is hot or cold fluid i.e., refrigerant or steam.
- Window Ac working – Low temp low pressure liquid refrigerant enters evaporator coil which is placed inside the room. As refrigerant flows through the evaporator it absorbs heat from surrounding air. Air cools down but refrigerant is heated and converts into vapour. Before entering the compressor refrigerant passes through the accumulator as it separates liquid in the refrigerant to avoid damage in the compressor.
The refrigerant then enters the compressor, the compressor compresses the refrigerant thus leading to high pressure high temp refrigerant. this high pressure high temp vapour refrigerant enters condensor coil placed outside room. As refrigerant passes through condensor it cools down by forcing air through coils. The refrigerant leaving the condenser is a low temp liquid refrigerant enters the expansion vv leading to decrease in refrigerant pressure.
The refrigerant leaves as low pressure low temp liquid refrigerant entering evaporator and cycle repeats. Motor is installed inside which drives the fan near to the condenser coil to achieve cooling of refrigerant. The motor also drives a fan near the evaporator coil to blow air into space.
Building Management System(BMS), CCTV installation and fire alarms is a very trending and demanded field to pursue your career in. Many people choose this as their career and do courses in this field. IPCS Global Pune delivers courses like CCTV course in Pune, BMS course in Pune, CCTV installation course in Pune, SCADA courses in Pune, Relay logic systems, Fire alarms etc.